PGW Grants are limited and will be provided on a first come, first serve basis. PGW urges customers to call 215-235-1000 to verbally confirm their household’s eligibility, which is based on meeting any of the following circumstances:
* Households experiencing financial hardship related to the pandemic.
* Households in which a member is furloughed from their job or has lost work, even if there is another income-earning member in the household.
* Households with a self-employed person and/or contract employee.
* Households in which a household member is caring for someone with COVID-19.
* Households with school-aged children impacted by stay-at-home orders.
If a customer’s service is currently off, in order to be eligible for a PGW COVID-19 relief grant, the customer must bring the amount due to $600 or less.
PGW COVID-19 Relief Grant funds do not have to be repaid and no paperwork is required to apply. PGW Customers can apply immediately by calling 215-235-1000.
Tenants seeking rental assistance from OHS may call 215-686-7177 for information on applying for assistance.
OHS is not accepting in-person applications at 1430 Cherry Street at this time.
Low-income tenants only.
Assistance generally ranges from $0 – $1500
This program is accepting rental assistance applications during the COVID-19 pandemic.
1608 Walnut St, Suite 600
Phone: 215-972-5170 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This agency is accepting rental assistance applications during the COVID-19 pandemic.
213-217 North 4th Street
This agency is accepting rental assistance applications for veterans and families at this time.
1608 Walnut Street, Suite 600
For Residents of Northwest Philadelphia
19118, 19119, 19126, 19138, 19144 & 19150
Accepting rental assistance applications during COVID-19 shutdown, but processing is delayed.
Monday through Wednesday, 9AM-2PM
35 West Chelten Avenue Assistance generally ranges from $300 – $400
Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society (HIAS)
For immigrants, refugees and asylum seekers
This agency is only able to provide rental assistance to their current participants at this time.
2100 Arch Street
- Lumbee Tribe of North Carolina: https://www.lumbeetribe.com/
- Nanticoke Indian Association: https://www.nanticokeindians.org/
For Families with Children Involved in DHS
DHS Prevention Assistance Fund
Contact your social worker.
For Households with a Person Living with HIV
Direct Emergency Financial Assistance (DEFA) grant
AIDS Fund: All Walks of Life grant
Contact your case manager.
If you do not have a case manager, call the AIDS Activities Coordinating Office (AACO) Hotline at 1800-985-2437.